Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Transitional Paintings

The temperature continues to soar and it's well into November. Last night was close to 90 degrees and made it impossible to get a good nights sleep. It has been quite draining so I've been forced to take cold showers frequently. But, with that said it has not deterred me from working in the studio. With these new works I've been more inclined to using such colors as, yellow ochre, burnt umber, cadmium green and ultra marine blue. Ultra marine is usually my go-to as far as palette, but I am branching out a bit and like the results. I see so much in these paintings such as, Richard Diebenkorn, a grand scale of cross-hatching, Joseph Albers and more as I continue to work. I'm so enthused by these new collections. I can't wait to show them in March, it will be great!





No comments:

Post a Comment