Friday, May 24, 2013

I bring fresh flowers home often and find over a period of a week there is as much beauty in a fresh cut flower as there is in a dried flower. These are line drawings of sunflowers and hyacinths. I've included closeups of the drawings I created in graphite on a creamy white paper by Fabriano Artistico. I also included framed drawings, which are hand painted raw poplar wood ordered through etsy for a very good deal. The paint is simply a "grey patio paint" I purchased at Home Depot. I tried my best to capture the delicacy and simplicity of the original drawings for online viewing. They were difficult to photograph since they are subtle so bare with me. If you click on the drawings you can see more detail. These pieces are quite beautiful in person and I'm hoping to show them at a local nursery gift shop starting in the Fall. I'll keep you abreast of where I decide to show them.














No comments:

Post a Comment